Save the Date! The 19th Annual Twice Blessed Consignment Sale is coming April 3 & 4, 2020! If you would like to be added to our email reminder list please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you in the spring!
Shopping a consignment sale sounds straightforward. Go to the location, browse items and buy what you want. The Twice Blessed Consignment Sale is that easy! However, our longtime shoppers and volunteers have learned a few tips and tricks that will help make your shopping experience even better.
- The busiest times are when the sale first opens on Friday, April 5 at 9.am. and Saturday, April 6 at 8 a.m. A line usually forms outside the church on Friday morning. Our three checkout lanes are manned by volunteers. They are not professional cashiers, so we ask for your patience when checking out, especially during these high-volume times.
- If you have big items on your list like a stroller, bike or nursery furniture, we do recommend you come straight away Friday morning, as those items tend be sold first.
- If you don’t have big items on your list and are shopping with limited time, we recommend coming after 11 a.m. on Friday and anytime on Saturday. There are typically shorter wait times for checking out. Remember, we’re open until 7 p.m. on Friday, so come shop after work!
- Many items are marked half-off on Saturday. If the price on the tag is written in blue or black ink, it is 50% off on Saturday. If the price is written in red ink, it is NOT 50% off on Saturday.
- We have a hold room you can use for larger items or to store a full shopping bag while you continue browsing. Items can remain in the hold room for one hour. If you need more time, please let the hold room know and they will extend your time. Items that are not retrieved within that time will be placed back on the sale floor.
- Cash, Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
- Kids are welcome, but serious shoppers may want to come alone. We’ve seen shoppers buy 50+ items, and that might be hard to do with your kiddos. There isn’t an area for your children to play while you shop, so please keep that in mind.
- The sale is in a church. You can bring a stroller, but just note that it may be hard to maneuver through hallways and rooms.
- Each item has a price tag on it. Please do not take these off any items. Our volunteers will take them off for you during the checkout process. Items without a price tag cannot be sold.
- Be ready for the unexpected. Our sale offers unique items that might be just what you didn’t know you needed!
Whether you’re a Twice Blessed first timer or a seasoned pro, we truly appreciate you coming to the sale and wish you happy shopping!
We are so excited to announce the date for our Spring 2019 Twice Blessed Consignment Sale! If you would like to be added to our email reminder list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in the spring!
We are excited to bring you the Twice Blessed Consignment Sale 2018 on Friday, April 6 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, April 7 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.! Whether you have shopped the sale for 16 years or just heard about it, please check out what’s new this year!
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING CHECKS. Purchases can be made using cash, MasterCard or Visa debit or credit card, so please plan accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
All lanes will now accept debit/credit card. We hope this makes checkout a faster experience.
We are opening an additional room dedicated to all things media: books, movies, music. Items will be spread out for hassle-free browsing. Wonderful gently-used items at a great price to fill your classroom or home collection. This is a dream for teachers and parents/kids alike!
We can’t wait to see you there!
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church
3900 Ashworth Road
West Des Moines, Iowa
A big THANK YOU to our 2017 sponsors!
Ben Fox with ReMax Real Estate
Brian Melco with Blue Line Painting
One of the most often asked questions we get is “How do we hang our items?” The Seller Packet does describe how but we thought we should add some visuals. Here is a video some of our very own Twice Blessed Sellers made to help you with the process.
Spring weather is just around the corner… and so is the Twice Blessed Consignment Sale! Are your children in need of new spring/summer clothes? Are you looking for toys and fun games to play outside? Look no further!
The Twice Blessed Consignment Sale offers quality clothing, toys, furniture and maternity items for a fraction of department store prices.
Save the date! Doors opens Friday, March 31 at 9 a.m. and Saturday, April 1 at 8 a.m – with many items HALF OFF on Saturday. Children are welcome to shop with you, but please note strollers are a bit difficult to
maneuver around all the items. Please consider arriving early to get a great spot in line!
Interested in selling? Click the Seller tab above!
Interested in volunteering? Click the Volunteer tab above!
Shepherd of the Valley Church, 3900 Ashworth Road, West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
Where do I get wire hangers?
Check your local dry cleaners and grocery stores (ex: HyVee Dry Cleaners, French Way Cleaners, etc.).
Do I have to pick up my unsold items?
No, you have the option of donating your unsold items to charity (see price tags). If you fail to indicate yes or no to charity, the item will automatically go to charity when the sale closes.
How do I get more tags?
Just stop by the church office. Additional tags are always available at no additional charge.
Can I photocopy my own tags?
Yes,but they must be on white card stock. Paper tags are easily torn and come detached from the items.
How should I price my items?
See your Seller’s Packet, page 7. If you have a question about a specific item please consult the lead volunteer at drop off time.
When will I receive a check for my sold items?
In 3-4 weeks following the sale, an email will notify you that your check will be ready to be picked up in the church office.
What if I can’t pick up my unsold items on Saturday?
You will need to make arrangements for someone else to pick them up on your behalf. The church is unable to store items.
Where do I get safety pins?
Ask friends and family… if all else fails you may have to buy them at a drugstore.
Do I hang onesies or swimwear?
Yes, use safety pins to attach the onesies and/or swimwear to the wire hanger.
Do I need an appointment to drop off my items?
You will need an appointment if you have 200 items or more. To make an appointment contact Shennon Koch at email@example.com or 975-5100. Email is preferred.
Can I bring someone with me to shop the pre-sale?
One person is admitted per 4 hours of volunteer time. If a person volunteers 8 hours, they are allowed to bring one guest. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your volunteer hours.
Is it possible to allocate more than 30% of my proceeds to go to Shepherd’s Flock since the sale is a fundraiser?
Yes, designating a higher amount to go toward the school is an option. If this is something you’d like to do please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Can I bring kids to shop the sale?
Yes, kids are welcome to come to the sale. However, expect crowds and a slight wait at checkout during peak shopping hours.